Computer or Digital Forensics is the science of locating evidence from within digital media. While such practices are often used to support legal proceedings, they can prove to be invaluable to clients ranging from internal corporate investigations, such as employee misconduct or theft of intellectual property, to domestic investigations, such as divorce and marital issues.
Our digital forensic examiners can assist with the following services:
- Matrimonial Disputes- A computer contains a wealth of information which can prove vital during a divorce proceeding.PCI can uncover: websites visited, chats, emails, and financial information that may have been hidden.
- Data Recovery- Recovering deleted data from all types of media such as hard drives, floppies, CD's, DVD's, Flash Cards, and USB drives requires the use of special tools; let the experts at PCI help
- Password Recovery- PCI has the ability to recover passwords as long as legal consent is given to view the data.
- Employment disputes- Proving computer misdeeds of employees in any manner of proceeding including legal actions can be tricky, PCI has the expertise to assist in the matter.
- Email Misuse- Misusing an email account can be a serious crime. If an employee is suspected of misusing company email, PCI is capable of getting to the bottom of the issue.
- Internet Misuse- In today’s technology driven world, the internet can be a great utility when used properly. Determining if employees are spending more time on the internet than actually doing work can be accomplished with the expert knowledge of the PCI staff.
- Fraud- There are many types of fraud that can be committed on a computer. PCI has the knowledge and tools to examine a suspect computer if it has been used to perpetuate one of the many types of fraud.
- Sexual harassment/discrimination- Harassment and discrimination is a very serious and highly sensitive matter. If a party is being accused of such, PCI can recover active and deleted emails, showing the harassment/discrimination against a specific gender or race.
- Theft of intellectual property- Intellectual Property (IP) is tough to detect with the implementation of electronic storage. Determining if employees are stealing company secrets through personal email or by copying the files to an external media (hard drive, CD, DVD etc.) is a process best left to the experts at PCI.
- Unauthorized access to a computer system- Accessing a computer and/or system without proper authorization (otherwise known as hacking) is illegal and a serious crime. Through proper analysis of suspected machines, PCI can determine if someone has illegally gained accessed.
- Destruction or alteration of data- Suspect that data has been destroyed? Who could the culprit be? PCI has the expertise and knowledge to answers these types of questions.